- Basic agreements subject-verb, noun-determiners, noun-adjective.
- Genre and number (general uses). Agreement with "gente" (peoples).
- Distinguish proper and common nouns and their morphosyntactic working.
- The most usual cases of article uses/omissions.
- Demonstratives, possesives.
- Numbers, quantifiers.
- Subject personal pronouns. Tú / usted.
- Basic uses of direct/indirect personal pronouns.
- Distinguish "ser / estar" (basic uses); "hay/estan" and; "haber/tener".
- The most usual pronominal verbs.
- Likes: use of "gustar" (to like) and "parecer" (it seems to someone).
- Indicative tenses and their most usual uses.
- The most usual verbal periphrasis: "ir a + infinitive" (be going to); "tener que + infinitive" (have to); "estar + gerund" (be + gerund).
- Interrogative and exclamative sentences.
- Introduction to question-answer, asking and order expressions.
- The most usual prepositions, conjunctions and link words.
- Negation: "no" (don't, doesn't); "ni" (nor); "sí/no" (yes/no); "también" (too); "tampoco" (neither).
- Understand questions ans simle instructions.
- Identify the topic of a conversation done in a standard Spanish and in a slow pace although it's possible the student can not understand all the details.
- Understand a conversation about known topics, asking clarifications and repetitions.
- Understand messages related to personal information, school, leisure, and needs if they are expressed clearly and in a slow pace.
- Understand the global idea of short stories with the use of images and activities.
- Understand simple personal letters, recognizing the communicative purpose.
- Understand notes and messages related with their activities.
- Undertand simple real Spanish texts related with their world.
- Extract global and specific information from a simple text.
- Understand public signs.
- Interact in a easy way at usual situations, specially at class.
- Establish social contacts: greetings, farewells, introducte someone, express thanks, apologize...
- Use polite formalaic language to draw someone attention or to greet.
- Express likes and preferences.
- Ask for and offer objects ans services of daily life (shopping, transportation, post office, addresses...)
- Ask and provide personal information: nationality, residence, activities, likes, friendship...
- Introduction someone and simple descriptions of people, places, activities and likes.
- Talk about usual activities in the past and in the present.
- Explain past experiencesand talk about future plans using usual discourse markers.
- Able to fill application forms with personal information; identity, nationality, dates...
- Write notes, postcards and, simple personal letters for establishing contact, asking or providing information, asking for favours, giving thanks, apologizing...
- Take notes and write short messages with simple sentences.