This course introduces to the students the basic ideas of quantum physics and their applications. In particular, topics selected from the following will be touched upon:
1. Blackbody radiation and the origin of quantum theory.
2. The atomic nucleus, Bohr`s theory, and the old quantum
3. Particles and waves.
4. Schrodinger`s equation.
5. One-electron atoms.
6. Spin and magnetic interactions.
7. Complex atoms.
8. Molecular and nuclear physics.
9. Rudiments of solid-state theory.
10. Elementary particles.